10+ Personal Finance free & paid Online Certification classes
Personal Finance online certification classes, courses and programs from top online learning platforms.
1. The Complete Personal Finance Course: Save,Protect,Make More (Udemy).
★ 4.7 Rating (8,334+ ratings) | 127,570+ students | 16 Hours on demand video | 3 articles | 7 downloadable resources | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to save, protect and make much more so that their net worth is significantly higher in the long run. You will be a personal finance expert by the end of this course!
How to profit from the INCREDIBLE Power of Compound Interest
100+ Ways to Save More…Including the following ways:
- 16 Ways to Save More on Shopping Expenses
- 10 Ways to Save More on Housing Expenses
- 4 Ways to Save More on Gifts & Donation Expenses
- 13 Ways to Save More on Food & Drinks Expenses
- 4 Ways to Save More on Education Expenses
- 6 Ways to Save More on Fees Expenses
- 4 Ways to Save More on Health Expenses
This course and the included comprehensive Complete Personal Finance Excel dashboard exercise file is a roadmap for your personal finance success so you can save, protect and make much more.All of the tools you need to save, protect and make more are included in this course and the entire course is based on real life Practical Knowledge and experience and not based on theory.
2.Personal Finance Masterclass - Easy Guide to Better Finances (Udemy).
Online class Link: Personal Finance Masterclass - Easy Guide to Better Finances
★ 4.6 Rating (2,447+ ratings) | 37,643+ students | 7 Hours on demand video | 14 articles | 2 downloadable resources | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
You'll be the master of your own finances.
You'll know how to create a smart budget that helps you increase savings and reduce expenses.
- You'll increase your income with a promotion, new job, side hustle, and online income.
- You'll have a step-by-step process for reducing your loan and/or credit card debt.
- You'll know the process for buying a house and saving up for a down payment.
- You'll know how retirement works, how to save and invest for retirement, and how much you'll need to save and invest for a worry-free retirement.
- You'll learn how to retire early and achieve financial freedom!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to improve your financial life.
- This course is for you if you need help handling your money.
- This course is for you if you want to make more money.
- This course is for you if you want to learn how to invest the smart way.
- This course is for you if you want to reduce your expenses and save more money.
- This course is for you if you struggle with credit card or loan debt.
- This course is for you if you want to own a home and want to save up for a down payment.
3. Personal Finance: Financial Security Thinking & Principles (Udemy).
★ 4.5 Rating (1,005+ ratings) | 5,571+ students | 2.5 Hours on demand video | 1 article | 3 downloadable resources | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
How your mind keeps you from having better control over your finances
The time-tested wealth principles that the financially successful use
- How to reduce spending without reducing fun
- How to increase your value and increase your income
- Action plan to change your financial life for good!
4. The Fundamentals of Personal Finance Specialization (Coursera).
Online course Link: The Fundamentals of Personal Finance Specialization
★ 4.6 Rating (85+ ratings) | 4,031 already enrolled | Flexible Schedule | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Approximately 5 months to complete | 100% online courses.
This Specialization is intended for anyone looking to take control of their finances. Through these five courses, you will cover a variety of personal finance topics, including budgets, investing, and managing risk.
The readings, videos, and activities will prepare you to understand the current state of your money, as well as take actions to work toward your financial goals. This specialization is geared towards learners in the United States of America.
5. Introduction to Personal Finance (Coursera).
★ 4.5 Rating (73+ ratings) | 7,279 already enrolled | Flexible deadlines | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Approx. 12 hours to complete | 100% online.
This course is a general overview of a variety of personal finance topics - including budgeting, the importance of your credit score, cash flow, setting financial goals, and taxes. Taught by two CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professionals, the concepts are broken down through videos, readings, and activities so you can apply what you are learning in real time.
The course provides the foundation to build on for the rest of The Fundamentals of Personal Finance Specialization or as a standalone survey course to improve your understanding of basic personal finance terminology, as well as how they apply to your own financial situation.
Whether you are just starting college, nearing retirement, or somewhere in between, this course will provide you with the knowledge to understand your money and actionable steps to manage your finances in the future. This course is geared towards learners in the United States of America.
6. Personal Finance (Edx).
Link: Personal Finance
★ 5 weeks 3–4 hours per week | Instructor-paced.
This personal finance course is divided into four modules: investments, credit, insurance and retirement. Each module is independent and may be studied on its own, although studying them together provides a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness across modules and the various tradeoffs across them.
Throughout the course, we will explore interesting and relevant real world examples so that you can better understand the underlying concepts. We will also relate relevant academic research to the topic on hand and show how the research findings are relevant to your daily financial decisions.
- How to manage your finances and make better financial decisions
- The time value of money
- Basics of stock markets and investments
- The proper role of credit and how to use it judiciously
- How insurance works
- The interplay between investments, credit and insurance
- The importance of saving for retirement sooner rather than later
This course provides practical, ready-to-use solutions to use in your daily life. All solutions may not be equally important for you given your age and priorities, but they will certainly be relevant to you at some point in your life.
7. Introduction to Personal Financial Planning (Edx).
Online class Link: Introduction to Personal Financial Planning
★ 4 weeks 4–6 hours per week | 14,401 already enrolled | Self-paced.
The Introduction to Personal Financial Planning course is designed for individuals to build financial literacy, one of the most pressing needs Americans face today.
Financial decisions made by individuals impact the larger community in significant ways with pervasive cost due to financial mistakes. A recent study by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) reveals over 50% of Americans have less than $10,000 saved for retirement.
This fast-paced course prepares you to:
- Build a financial plan through a step-by-step approach designed to meet your personal financial objectives
- Understand financial planning essentials including income statements, balance sheets, and budgets
- Recognize how planning and timing impact your personal wealth over a lifetime
- Go deeper into your understanding of taxes and how tax decisions impact your wealth
- Explore the scope and purpose of personal finance and its role in the broader spectrum of financial knowledge
- Appreciate how positive reinforcement and research-based evidence impact your financial goals
What you'll learn:
Through course videos, selected short readings, and self-paced activities, students gain both conceptual and practical knowledge of core concepts of financial planning to:
- Define the scope of personal financial planning and understand its impact
- Utilize the SMART financial planning method
- Make progress toward your financial goals and avoid common mistakes
- Evaluate the services of financial planning professionals
- Classify assets and liabilities
- Use a formula to determine net worth
- Prepare and use financial statements, including budgets
- Deepen your understanding of how money impacts your personal satisfaction
8. Practical Lessons on Personal Finance (Alison).
Course Link: Practical Lessons on Personal Finance
★ Duration 1.5-3 Hours | Students 2,921 | Accreditation CPD.
Do you often find yourself struggling to stretch money? This free online course improves your money-management skills and overall financial literacy.
We explore topics like intelligent savings, wise spending, electronic money management, investment strategies and more.
These simple yet effective techniques can turn your finances around so sign up to learn how to take advantage of opportunities and do more with less.
9. Introduction to Finance: The Basics (Coursera).
★ 4.7 Rating (212+ ratings) | 20,796 already enrolled | Flexible deadlines | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Approx. 19 hours to complete | 100% online.
The Basics course, you will be introduced to the basic concepts needed to understand the financial manager’s decision-making process. To achieve that, you will learn about the basic forms a business can take and the goal of the financial manager.
You will also learn the fundamentals of financial statements and how to measure a company’s financial health using financial ratios. In addition, you will explore how to allocate capital across time to create value.
After learning the course, you should be familiar with major topics in modern finance and communicate with others within and outside of the business world. With a deep understanding of the financial side of the business, you will be in a better position to make informed decisions and plan for the financial future.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Build a financial knowledge base by understanding essential topics in modern finance.
- Develop an understanding of the issues managers must consider when making financial decisions.
- Be ready to conduct analysis using information from financial statements.
- Understand and apply the time value of money in order to value financial and real asset investments and to make investment decisions.
10. Personal Finance, Part 1: Investing in Yourself (Edx).
★ 7 weeks 4–5 hours per week | Instructor-paced.
This course will teach you to think financially about investing in yourself and your future. We will discuss investments in education and training and show you how to use important economic tools to evaluate whether the investments you make are worth it financially.
We will also show you how to make the most of your skills and abilities whether you work for yourself or someone else. This includes such things as evaluating salary and benefit packages and figuring out how to get health insurance coverage and save for retirement.
This portion of Personal Finance covers:
- Human Capital Investment
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Parameterized Spreadsheet Analysis
- Employment Contracts & Making the Most of Work Benefits
What you'll learn:
- How to apply basic economic and financial principles (net present value, internal rate of return, compounding) to personal financial decisions
- How to model personal financial decisions using spreadsheets
- How to critically evaluate financial information for bias and self dealing
- How to analyze financial implications (costs and benefits) of most of your life decisions
11. Acorns' Guide to Personal Finance (Udemy).
★ 4.5 Rating (4,335+Ratings) | 28,246+students | 1 hour on demand video | 21 downloadable resources | Full lifetime access | Certificate of completion | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
How to set goals and build a budget that will help you reach them.
How to pay off debt faster and pay less in interest.
- How to cut your expenses without feeling the pinch.
- How to start a successful side hustle.
- How to ask effectively for a raise or a better job offer.
- All the basics of investing in stocks and bonds.
- How to build a low-maintenance portfolio that will help you build wealth.