Mental Health Top 14 Free + Paid Certification Courses online
Here's a list of Top 14 Free and paid Mental Health online Certification Courses, classes, training, tutorial from top education platforms such as Udemy, Coursera, edx, Linkedin learning, Futurelearn & Alison. Learn Mental Health.
14 Paid & Free Mental Health online courses, certification, trainings, Tutorial.
1. Mental Health and Neuroplasticity: Change your Brain (Udemy).
★ 4.5 (1,582+ ratings) | 7,177+ students | 3.5 hours on-demand video | 16 downloadable resources | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Earn a Certificate upon completion.
In this Mental Health and Neuroplasticity course you will learn:
- Neuroplasticity- You Can Change your Brain! Improve your mental health!
- 10 Natural ways to treat Depression and Anxiety that are backed by scientific research
- Hack your Nervous system by triggering the parasympathetic (calming) part
- Common nutrient deficiencies that mimic depression or anxiety
- How to turn on the "Abundant mindset" and foster Joy in your Life
- 5 Skills to Reduce Stress Levels, muscle tension, and anxiety
- Treat Depression using a comprehensive-whole-self approach
By the end of this course you’ll know 10 ways that you can change your brain’s chemistry, structure and function. You’ll learn how to prime your brain to be healthier and happier.
Course Link: change-your-brain
2. Mental Health Ambassador Certificate (Udemy).
★ 4.6 (713+ ratings) | 2,292+ students | 2 hours on-demand video | 4 downloadable resources | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Earn a Certificate upon completion.
Be a leader in improving society's mental health and learn to provide first aid.
In this Mental Health Ambassador course you will learn:
- Support others using the Real Support Framework (REAL-SF)
- Speak confidentially to others about mental illness
- Add qualified Mental Health Ambassador to your CV
- Being an Ambassador is not the same as being a therapist and this course will not teach you to deliver therapy
Learn how to promote a better understanding of mental illness among our friends, colleagues and the general public, increasing education levels and promoting good mental health.
Course Link: mental-health-ambassador
3. Mental Health Practitioner Course (Achology Certified) (Udemy).
★ 4.6 (350+ ratings) | 2,196+ students | 38.5 hours on-demand video | 155 downloadable resources | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Earn a Certificate upon completion.
Develop the necessary knowledge and skills to improve people's mental health and wellness in a wide variety of contexts.
In this Mental Health Practitioner course you will learn:
- Learn how to support people in taking greater responsibility for advancing their own mental health and general wellbeing
- Improve your inherent ability to listen, ask essential questions and become a more likeable and intriguing communicator
- Understand cutting-edge psychological theories and philosophical principles that can foster self-awareness and growth
- Learn how to set positively framed goals that inspire people to take action and drive their personal growth and development
- Learn an easy-to-apply coaching methodology that you can apply immediately in your own life or your day-to-day relationships
- Discover how personal growth occurs, how personality forms, and how factors like society and culture can impact behaviour
- Learn a practical method to help people live more responsibly and with greater self-awareness
- Gain fascinating insights into the human mind, motivations, emotions and habitual behaviour.
- PLUS: Access the Facebook group, 'Principles Into Practice' to connect with other learners to ask questions, collaborate and compare notes
- On achievement of the course, you can apply to join Achology: The Academy for Modern Applied Psychology for professional membership
This Diploma in Mental Health and Wellness course will guide you through an extensive range of psychology-based teachings and methodologies that positively shape how people think, feel and relate with other people. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of how mental health problems arise, and also how to support people in making positive lifestyle modifications.
Online class Link: mental-health-practitioner-diploma-training-course
4. Workplace Mental Health: A Manager's Ultimate Guide (Udemy).
★ 4.5 (374+ ratings) | 2,194+ students | 3 hours on-demand video | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Earn a Certificate upon completion.
In this Workplace Mental Health course you will learn:
- How to manage mental health in the workplace to boost productivity and be the best boss
- Understand why mental health is becoming the No. 1 concern for modern managers
- Reduce absenteeism/presenteeism/staff turnover by supporting good mental health
- Identify a range of mental health conditions and know how to offer effective support
- Get ahead in business by improving productivity and managing stress
In this course, you will increase your management skills by understanding how you can combat the rising tide of poor workplace mental health to enable your team to work more productively and efficiently.
5. Mental Health Training for First Responders & Health Care (Udemy).
★ 4.6 (112+ ratings) | 1,091+ students | 2 hours on-demand video | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Earn a Certificate upon completion.
In this Mental Health Training course you will learn:
- Increase your comfort level in dealing with people with Mental Illness/Distress
- Why this is so critical and the impact you can make (good or bad)
- Have a basic understanding of some of the most common mental illnesses you will encounter
- Become more efficient and effective in assisting people in Mental Distress
- Grow both personally and professionally
- Be able to apply these concepts to your communities, families, and friends.
- How to possibly save someone’s life!
Certification course Link: mental-health-training-for-first-responders-health-care
6. The Science of Well-Being | Offered by "Yale University" (Coursera).
★ 4.9 (29,212+ ratings) | 3,556,412+ students | Approx. 19 hours to complete | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Enroll for free.
In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life.
Class Link: the-science-of-well-being
7. Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health | Offered by "The University of Sydney" (Coursera).
★ 4.8 (2,418+ ratings) | 174,732+ students | Approx. 20 hours to complete | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Enroll for Free.
In this course, we will explore different aspects of good mental health as well as provide an overview of the major kinds of mental disorders, their causes, treatments and how to seek help and support. The course will feature a large number of Australian experts in psychiatry, psychology and mental health research, and we will also hear from “lived experience experts”, people who have lived with mental illness, and share their personal stories of recovery.
8. The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness | Offered by "University of Toronto" (Coursera).
★ 4.7 (356+ ratings) | 33,851+ students | Approx. 14 hours to complete | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Enroll for Free.
Learn how social factors promote mental health, influence the onset and course of mental illness, and affect how mental illnesses are diagnosed and treated.
This course explores how our understanding of mental health and illness has been influenced by social attitudes and social developments in North America and around the world. The course begins by situating our contemporary mental health practices in historical context, then looks at different aspects of mental health, mental illness and mental health services and their connections to what’s going on in our social environment.
Course Link: The_Social_Context_of_Mental_Health_and_Illness
9. Medicating for Mental Health: Judicious Use of Psychiatric Drugs (edx).
★ Estimated 4 weeks | Free to start | Instructor-led on a course schedule.
Psychiatric medications are widely prescribed to treat psychological disorders. Learn how to effectively use these drugs to improve their ability to help.
In this Medicating for Mental Health course you will learn:
- Identify factors important for judicious use of a psychiatric medication
- Develop realistic expectations for a medication to improve symptoms of a diagnosed disorder
- Understand how drugs are developed and evaluated by regulatory agencies (such as the Food and Drug Administration)
- Understand how psychiatric drugs affect the brain
- Appreciate that a drug is likely most effective when used as part of a treatment program that includes psychotherapy, behavior therapy, or counseling
10. Supporting Your Mental Health While Working from Home (Linkedin learning).
★ 4,583 members like this course | 80,857 learners | 17m of content | Earn a Certificate upon completion.
In this course, neuroscience expert and author Amy Brann helps you adjust to this new normal by training your brain to overcome disruptions and distractions, accept and get real about your emotions, reframe your expectations, and preserve your relationships. Using the latest insights from neuroscience, Amy shares nontechnical, practical guidance for not just surviving, but thriving as you work from home.
11. How to Train Your Brain For Happiness (Linkedin learning).
★ 17,847 members like this course | 176,251 learners | 54m of content | Earn a Certificate upon completion.
Train your brain for happiness! In this course, happiness professor Jay Kumar, PhD shares insights, exercises, and techniques from cutting-edge research in brain science and behavior. The series investigates the concept of happiness and introduces scientific ways of increasing happiness in your life.
You can learn how to unlock the brain’s ability to build social connections and trust among teams, coworkers, customers, and other stakeholders; identify opportunities for creating deeper, more meaningful relationships; and leverage four fundamental strategies to help you promote happiness in the workplace and impact the bottom line. Plus, learn how to build enthusiasm about your company, products, and services and create passionate members of your brand or company tribe.
Online class Link: how-to-train-your-brain-for-happiness
12. Young People and Their Mental Health (Futurelearn).
★ 4.7 (585+ ratings) | 75,007+ students.
Learn to recognise, prevent and deal with your mental health problems.
In this Mental Health course you will learn:
- What is mental health?
- What are common mental health problems?
- What are the causes of mental health problems?
- What to do when you experience mental health problems.
- How to boost your own mental health.
This course has been created for young people aged over 14 wanting to know more about mental health. It might also be of interest to parents, caregivers, teachers and medical professionals.
Identify symptoms of the following mental health problems: eating disorders, depression, anxiety, autism, ADHD, addiction, antisocial behaviour and psychosis.
Explain that there is no a clear dividing line between mentally-healthy and not mentally-healthy people.
Describe personal, environmental and genetic factors as possible causes of psychological problems.
Course Link: young-people-mental-health
13. Diploma in Mental Health - Free (Alison).
★ 10-15 hours duration | 66,829 students.
Learn about mental health awareness and how to manage your mental well-being with this free online course.
This free online course in mental health will help you gain a better understanding of a range of mental health issues. Raising public awareness of mental health issues has become an important subject for international healthcare in the last several decades, and a basic understanding of the causes, symptoms, and treatments of various forms of mental illnesses is important knowledge to have for your wellbeing and the wellbeing of those around you.
14. Mental Health Studies - Suicide, Violent Behavior and Substance Abuse (Alison).
★ 1.5-3 hours duration | 74,159 students.
Learn why mental well-being is so important and learn to identify mental health problems so you can help reduce the stigma of mental illness today.
This free online mental health studies course covers the important topics of suicide, violent behaviour and substance abuse. With self-harm and debilitating mental health problems increasing globally, mental health has become an increasingly important concern of healthcare systems around the world.
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.