Top Free & Paid Microbiology Online Certification Courses
Microbiologists study the microscopic organisms that cause infections, including viruses, bacteria, fungi and algae. They focus on the identification and growth of these organisms in order to understand their characteristics, with the overall aim to prevent, diagnose and treat infectious diseases.
1.Comprehensive Medical Microbiology Course (Udemy).
★ 4.3 Rating (38+ ratings) | 113+ students | 9 hours on demand video | 2 practice tests | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
'Comprehensive Medical Microbiology' Course you will learn:
- Intensive course for all microbiology sub-sections including Bacteriology, Mycobacteriology, Mycology, Virology, and Parasitology
- Identify the pathogenic organisms and normal flora in the different types of bacteriology culture
- Interpret the bacterial growth using comprehensive flowcharts and the guidelines
- The basic and the advanced methods of identification and susceptibility testing
- Phenotypic and genotypic detection of superbugs including CRO, PDR, ESBL, MRSA, and VRE.
- Understand the procedures of microbiology laboratory using scenarios, technical suggestions, and troubleshooting
- Clinical and morphological classification of mycology, principles of macroscopic and microscopic examination of the fungi and molds.
- Cell line (viral) culture, molecular detection and classification of the viruses including Herpesviridae, Myxoviridae, Flaviviridae, and Hepatitis viruses.
A comprehensive course for all medical microbiology sub-sections including Bacteriology, Mycobacteriology, Mycology, Virology, and Parasitology.
In this Comprehensive Medical Microbiology Course, you will understand how is the workflow inside the microbiology laboratory, step by step from receiving the sample to a selection of the culture media, striking, incubation, identification, antimicrobial susceptibility testing, and detection of the multi-drug resistant organisms (MDRO), Pandrug-resistant (PDR), Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus (VRE).
'Comprehensive Medical Microbiology Course' is for:
- Suitable for people who want to get an international certificate in medical microbiology like the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as technologists or specialists in microbiology.
- Suitable for the internal medicine and infectious disease physicians to pass the microbiology residency examination, American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB), and American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM)
- Suitable for the infection control practitioners to pass Certification Board of Infection Control (CBIC)
- Suitable for the medical technologists to increase their knowledge and skills in the microbiology lab.
Review - The course is extraordinary, it covers what is going on in a proper microbiology lab, this course provides an overview of the basic updated practice of diagnostic microbiology. It can be considered an excellent preparation course for the main certification boards in microbiology. I strongly recommend this course to whoever needs microbiology practice in their job. That includes but not limited to; micro med tech, infectious disease doctors and infection control practitioners.- Dr Bandar A.
2.I will write essays and articles in microbiology (Fiverr).
★ 5 rating 9+ratings | Level 1 seller.
A professional writer on microbiology related essays and articles, here you are at home,I will avail you with a well researched, high quality, original and plagiarism free work. With my technical professional writing skills, I will guarantee you a detailed and timely delivery work.
I will take works on general biology, bacteriology, virology, mycology , parasitology and infectious disease studies.
Review - Impressed with this service. top of the class article writer with speedy response time. highly recommend- rooks121
3.Fundamentals of Microbiology (Udemy).
★ 4.5 Rating (15+ ratings) | 2,015+ students | 39 mins on demand video | 3 articles | 1 practice test | Assignments | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Full lifetime access | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
'Fundamentals of Microbiology' course you will learn:
- At the end of the course, you would know, "Fundamentals of microbiology ".
- You will get basic knowledge about Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi, Protozoa, and Prions.
- Characteristics of Different microorganism.
Introduction to Microbiology is appropriate for students with some background in biology and chemistry whose career path intersects the study of microbes or simply have an interest in microbiology.
the basic principles of microbiology examining the microbes that inhabit our planet and their effect on the biosphere. Introduction to Microbiology explores this impact through the lens of all areas of microbiology. Students will assess the influence of microbiology and 21st century challenges and opportunities that arise from our changing relationship with and understanding of microbes.
Fundamentals of Microbiology course is for:
- This course is about introductory Microbiology. The course will be helpful for Undergraduate and College level students.
- Microbiology Students
- Biology Students
- Allied Health Sciences Students
- Pre-nursing students
4.Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome (Coursera).
★ 4.7 rating (1,098+ratings) | 87,366 already enrolled |Flexible deadlines | Earn a Certificate upon completion | Approx. 14 hours to complete.
Imagine if there were an organ in your body that weighed as much as your brain, that affected your health, your weight, and even your behavior.
Wouldn’t you want to know more about it? There is such an organ — the collection of microbes in and on your body, your human microbiome.
Review - This was the most interesting course I have taken so far with Coursera. The Microbiome popularity right now is high and there is so much hype about it, I appreciated being able to find out what it is really all about. I look forward to learning more and now being able to weed out myth from reality.- By Eileen R
5.Microbiology Laboratory Technician (Alison).
Online course Link: Microbiology Laboratory Technician
★ Duration 1.5-3 Hours | Students 9,266 | Accreditation CPD.
The role of laboratory technician is crucial to the development of science and the betterment of society. Vital discoveries like vaccines happen through hard work carried out in laboratories and wouldn’t exist without microbiology and the people who pursue it.
These people include the careful and meticulous microbiology laboratory technician and this free online course can help you become one to help keep us safe and healthy.
Upon successful completion of this course,you should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of microbiology and its importance
- identify the commercial uses and features of fungi
- Recall the five kingdoms into which living beings are classigied
- Break down how an infection starts
- Describe the work of an epidemiologist
- Lay out the types of equipment that are found in a common laboratory
6.Foundational Microbiology (Alison).
★ Duration 1.5-3 Hours | Students 968 | Accreditation CPD.
Foundational Microbiology introduces you to fundamental knowledge about microbes,organisms that we canot perceive without a microscope yet influence life on earth in a tangible way.
The opening content introduces you to various concepts and terms including the idea of microorganisms,fungi and protozoa,illustrating why microbes are magical and why we should care about them.
By the end of 'Foundational Microbiology' course you will be able to:
- Define 'microbes' and explain why we should care abouth them
- Discuss the various characteristics of bacteria
- State the ways humans have harnessed bacteria for our benefit
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of viruses
- Paraphrase the initial discovery of the viruses
- Distinguish between filamentous and yeast fungi
- List and name the characteristics of the different kinds of protozoan parasities
- Identify the various Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSE) diseases that infect humans
7.Small and Mighty: Introduction to Microbiology (Future Learn).
Course Link: Small and Mighty: Introduction to Microbiology
★ 4.8 Rating 156 reviews | 16,600 enrolled | 3 weeks | 3 hours per week | Digital certificate when eligible.
Small and Mighty Introduction to Microbiology course, you’ll explore a general introduction to the field of microbiology and investigate the amazing diversity of microbial life.
Learn about the significant roles microbes play in health, food, and the environment through expert interviews, lab demonstrations and practical experiments you can try at home.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Describe the key differences between the five groups of microbe.
- Explain how microbes replicate and why environmental conditions affect where they live.
- Differentiate between beneficial and harmful effects of microbes.
- Discuss ways that microbiology research has, and will continue to, benefit human health, food production and the environment.
- Explain how microbes evolve and discuss the potential implications of this on the future health of the population and our planet.
- Conduct simple microbiology experiments and analyse the results in order to draw conclusions.
Review - A fascinating subject, and well designed course. A lot of complex ideas and information to learn, but good articles, and well presented videos. Would not recommend it as a starter course, or for anyone new to the field, but it’s a good course to build upon prior learning, or for medical or healthcare professionals to learn further on the subject.- rachel p.
8.Introduction to Practical Microbiology (Future Learn).
★ 4.7 Rating 34 reviews | 4,673 enrolled | 4 weeks | 2 hours per week | Digital certificate when eligible.
Develop a solid foundation base for further study and practice in the field of microbiology by learning how to define microbes, antimicrobials, and antibiotics. Confidently navigate every basic topic, name, principle, and process of microbiology.
By the end of the Introduction to Practical Microbiology course you will be able to:
- Identify the common microbes, their classification and role, where they may colonise and where they may cause common infections
- Demonstrate understanding of the most important microbials and how they work, basic concepts of AMR, how bacteria become resistant and “super-bugs”
- Explain the different methods used for antimicrobial susceptibility testing and basic concepts about analysis and interpreting the results of AST
- Justify the importance of quality management and assurance of AST including use of guidelines
Review - I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The articles, videos and graphics with labels were excellent. The amount of links for further study and pdfs that are available to download is impressive. The quizzes that are designed to help the student find the right answers are very helpful. Having the presence of a Mentor or Lead Educator responding to questioRead more about review stating Five Stars for Introduction to Practical Microbiologyns and guiding the class is essential and learning from the input of comments from varying levels of expertise is marvelous.- Maria B.
9.Microbiologia e immunologia (Edx).
★ 7 weeks 6–8 hours per week | 6,018 already enrolled | Self-paced.
The combined Microbiology and Immunology course has the dual aim of illustrating, on the one hand, the basic concept of microbe cell structure, especially the biochemistry, physiology and morphology of prokaryotes and other human pathogens, and, on the other, the physiopathology of infections caused by pathogens and their phenotypes and genotypes.
What you will learn:
- I concetti base della struttura della cellula microbica
- I fondamenti dell'Immunologia di dase
- La struttura del sistema immunitario
- I principali metodiche di laboratorio basate sull'immunologia
- Basic structure of microbe cells;
- basis of immunology;
- the role of immunology in the fight against infection;
- main labroatory techniques used in immunology
10.Bacteria – Microbiology | Lecturio (Youtube video).
- Human Microbiome
- Infections Basics
- Bacterial Toxins
- Morphology and Structure of Bacteria
Review - By chance, I have come across with this video and I 've been surprised to find a lot of interesting things for myself. I am a professional in this field and this means that this lecture is very useful for us microbiologists too.- Veronika Dolgushina